St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian church Vettithara is located on the top of a hill, the eastern side and which is facing the Muvattupuzha River. The locality of the church is blessed with the benevolent shivering of bless full atmosphere for prayers and rich wells. The church was established on 1930 February 2 under the Augusts leadership of late Rev. Fr. Markose Vadath alias Vadath Valyachan. The prayer full, dedicated and selfless efforts of fore fathers and their families resulted in the building up of a small church on the peak of Mary hill top.
The continuous efforts of improvement, improvisation, renovation and reconstruction are yet to be completed. By the meditative prayer of the holy Virgin Mary all the efforts are have never failed and resulted in tremendous growth and prosperity. The benedictions that the parish the believers from far and near. Irrespective of cast cried discrimination and the heart broken prayers uttered by anyone before the Holy Shrine has been rewarded as a result of which the prosperity of the church and the parish has ever been flourishing.